Intensive Update with Board Review in Geriatric and Palliative Medicine 2016
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and Oakstone Board Review
- Oakstone Price: $1295.
- Points to Download: 1300 Points
- Format: 96 Video Files (.mp4 format) + 1 PDF file.
- File Size: 18.7 GB.
- Download Link Below.
This post contains protected content. You must be logged in and have 1300 points to unlock it.
This post contains protected content. You must be logged in and have 1300 points to unlock it.
Stay Current in a Rapidly Changing Specialty
This CME program is a comprehensive review of key topics in geriatrics and palliative medicine, and includes interactive and case-based lectures on topics like geriatric syndromes, the latest advancements in the field and the newest treatment methodologies. Intensive Update with Board Review in Geriatric and Palliative Medicine will help you to:
- Prepare for the ABIM geriatric and palliative medicine board exams
- Identify and effectively manage the major geriatric syndromes
- Assess and apply the latest medical interventions to improve patient quality of life
- Understand the potentials and drawbacks of new treatments for older patients
Expand Your Skills
A comprehensive board review, this learn-at-your-own-pace course in geriatric and palliative medicine provides a maximum of 82.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ and 82.75 MOC points. Available online or via audio MP3 CDs, it provides access to unbiased, clinically based content and case-based reviews so you can expand your knowledge and incorporate the latest guidelines into your daily practice.
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Oakstone Publishing, LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 82.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 82.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Date of Original Release: November 30, 2016
Date Credits Expire: November 30, 2019
Estimated Time to Complete: 82.75 hours
At the conclusion of this program, participants caring for older adults will be better able to:
- Describe the latest evidence-based geriatric and palliative medicine.
- Recognize the promises and pitfalls of new treatments for older adults.
- Identify major geriatric syndromes and effectively manage these syndromes.
- Identify psychosocial and ethical issues as they pertain to older adults and formulate a treatment approach.
- Prepare for the ABIM geriatric and palliative medicine board exams.
- Assess and guide medical interventions to improve a patient’s quality of life.
- Assess and manage pain and non-pain issues.
- Provide patient and families with the highest level of medical care that is consistent with their goals.
This activity is designed for clinicians and those who are taking the geriatric medicine and/or hospice and palliative medicine certification(s) or recertification in geriatric medicine. Additionally, this activity is for those physicians and other healthcare professionals who want to update their clinical knowledge in geriatric and palliative medicine.
- Geriatrics 2016 – Albert L. Siu, MD, MSPH
- Pain Management – Emily Chai, MD
- Prognostication of Chronic Disease – Bethann M. Scarborough, MD
- Falls – Ravishankar Ramaswamy, MD, MS
- Pain Management (Advanced): PCA & Methadone Use – Erica Tuggey, MS, ANP-BC, ACHPN
- Nutrition and Hydration in Serious Illness – Jane Morris, MS, RN, ACHPN & Cynthia X. Pan, MD, FACP, AGSF
- Frailty – Fred Ko, MD, MSCR
- Capacity Assessment – Kimberly G. Klipstein, MD
- Approach to Decision Making for Patients Who Lack Capacity – Laura Gelfman, MD & Terry Altilio, LCSW, ACSW
- Geriatric Nephrology & Renal Palliative Care – Holly Koncicki, MD, MS
- Perioperative Management – Reena Karani, MD, MHPE, FACP, AGSF
- Complementary Therapies for Patient and Self Care – JD Elder, MA, LMT & Deborah Matza, RN, MPH, RYT
- Medical Marijuana: It’s “High” Time We Review the Evidence – Bethann M. Scarborough, MD & Nathan E. Goldstein, MD
- Surgical Emergencies – Celia M. Divino, MD, FACS
- Hospice – Cynthia X. Pan, MD, FACP, AGSF
- Family Meetings – Gabrielle Goldberg, MD & Laura Gelfman, MD
- Diabetes – Emilia Pauline Liao, MD
- Use of Adjuvants for Pain Management – Emily Chai, MD & Erica Tuggey, MS, ANP-BC, ACHPN
- Anemia – Brenda Panzera, MD
- Grief, Bereavement & Psychosocial Issues – Jane Knowles, MPH, LCSW & Bridget Tracy, MD
- Geriatric Assessment Tools – Rainier P. Soriano, MD
- Basic Opioids 101 – Lindsay A. Dow, MD, MS & Clement Choua, MD
- Medical Decision Making – Hannah Lipman, MD, MS
- Incorporating Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine Principles into Value-Based Programs – Theresa A. Soriano, MD, MPH
- Prevention – Nisha Rughwani, MD
- Falls – Helen M. Fernandez, MD, MPH
- Principles in Geriatric Rehabilitation – David C. Thomas, MD, MHPE
- Musculoskeletal Medicine – David C. Thomas, MD, MHPE
- Physiological Changes in Aging – Nisha Rughwani, MD & Natalie Young, MD, MSEd
- HIV/AIDS in Older Adults – Beverly Forsyth, MD
- Geriatric Emergency Medicine – Ula Y. Hwang, MD, MPH & Martine Sanon, MD
- Medication Management – Beatriz Korc-Grodzicki, MD, PhD
- Management of Heart Failure – Radha Gopalan, MD
- Palliative Care in Neurodegenerative Disease – Elizabeth Lindenberger, MD
- Sleep Disorders – Steven H. Feinsilver, MD
- Inpatient & Outpatient Billing & Documentation – Martine Sanon, MD & Jennifer Reckrey, MD
- Diagnosis and Evaluation of Peripheral Vascular Disease – Peter L. Faries, MD, FACS
- Symptom Management II: Hiccups, Pruritus, Xerostomia, Fatigue and Bowel Obstruction – Rachel Adams, MD & Linley Leone, ANP-BC, ACHPN
- Hazards of Hospitalization – Eileen H. Callahan, MD & Tacara Soones, MD
- CAD Management: Cardiac and Perioperative Risk Assessment – Prashant Vaishnava, MD
- Constipation & Fecal Incontinence – Sita Chokhavatia, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF, FASGE & Brijen Shah, MD
- Thyroid Disease – Maria Skamagas, MD
- Urinary Incontinence – Eileen H. Callahan, MD & Christine Chang, MD
- Older Drivers, Tough Conversations – Maria Torroella-Carney, MD, FACP
- Palliative Care in Heart Failure – Warren Harris Lewin, MD
- Palliative Care 2016 – R. Sean Morrison, MD
- Parkinson’s & Movement Disorders – Winona Tse, MD
- Advance Care Planning – Susan E. Cohen, MD
- Management of Co-Morbidities in Older Adults – Cynthia M. Boyd, MD, MPH
- Stroke – Steven R. Levine, MD, FAHA, FAAN, FANA
- Integrative Medicine – Lucia McBee, LCSW, MPH, CYI
- Hypertension – Mary Ann McLaughlin, MD, MPH, FACC
- Oral Care: A Forgotten Care of Older Adults – Miriam R. Robbins, DDS, MS, DABSCD
- Hearing – Soha N. Ghossaini, MD, FACS
- COPD & Asthma – Patrick M. Chae, MD
- Atrial Fibrillation – Davendra Mehta, MD, PhD, FACC, FRCP, FHRS
- Palliative Care in the ICU – Sindee Ruth Weiss-Domis, MD
- Screening for Dementia – Veronica Rivera, MD
- Symptom Management I: Constipation, SOB, Nausea and Anorexia – Olusegun Apoeso, MD
- Low Back Pain – Parag Sheth, MD
- Osteoporosis – Florida Olivieri, MD & Olga Petryna, MD
- Balance & Vertigo – James Gurley, PT, DPT, NCS & Soha N. Ghossaini, MD, FACS
- Addressing Total Pain: The Role of Interdisciplinary Teams – Rabbi Edith M. Meyerson, DMin, BCC & Sarah Yazdian, MA, LCAT, ATR-BC, CCLS
- Home Care – Linda V. DeCherrie, MD & Elizabeth T. McCormick, MD
- End-of-Life Symptoms – Stephen Berns, MD
- Transitions of Care – Ania Wajnberg, MD & Katherine Wang, MD
- You’re Finally Getting Paid!: New Billing Codes – Audrey K. Chun, MD & Linda V. DeCherrie, MD
- Foot Diseases & Disorders – Bryan C. Markinson, DPM
- Interventional Pain – Stelian Serban, MD
- Dermatology – Caroline Halverstam, MD
- Update in Dementia – Mary Sano, PhD
- Wound Care – Oscar M. Alvarez, PhD, CCT, FAPWCA
- Delirium – Audrey K. Chun, MD
- Late Life Depression – Gary J. Kennedy, MD
- Cardiovascular Disease – Mary Ann McLaughlin, MD, MPH, FACC
- Chemotherapy Related Toxicity and Oncologic Complications – Cardinale B. Smith, MD, PhD
- Hematological Malignancies – Adriana Kaczaraj Malone, MD
- Managing Aortic Stenosis, Mitral Regerg & Antibiotic Prophylaxis – Mary Ann McLaughlin, MD, MPH, FACC
- Palliative Radiation Therapy – Kavita Dharmarajan, MD, MSc
- Depression – Gary J. Kennedy, MD
- The 10 Minute Geriatric Assessment – Fredrick T. Sherman, MD, MSc & Shahla Baharlou, MD
- Anxiety – Dennis Popeo, MD
- Rheumatology – Leslie D. Kerr, MD
- Infectious Disease: Pneumonia, UTI’s & C-Dif – Michael P. Mullen, MD
- Management of Behavioral & Psychological Symptoms of Dementia – Melinda Lantz, MD
- Palliative Care Emergencies – Cardinale B. Smith, MD, MSCR
- Culture & Palliative Care – Helen M. Fernandez, MD, MPH
- BPH & Prostate Cancer – Resa Mehrazin, MD
- Palliative Care in the Nursing Home – Betty Lim, MD
- Oncology: Breast, Lung & Colon Cancers – Felice LePar, MD, MPH
- LGBT Aging – Noelle Marie C. Javier, MD & Gregory A. Hinrichsen, PhD, ABPP
- Cirrhosis in the Elderly Palliative Care Population – Lawrence U. Liu, MD & Christopher Woodrell, MD
- Feeding & Swallowing Disorders – Benjamin C. Tweel, MD
- Anorexia, Cachexia & Weight Loss – Allen D. Andrade, MD, MBBS DM (Lon) MRCP (UK)
- Overview of Gynecological Malignancies: Clinical Presentation and Treatment Options – Vishal Gupta, MD
- Bringing It All Back Home: The Geriatric and Palliative Care Approach – Rosanne M. Leipzig, MD, PhD