Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists, 2e
by Thomas W. Myers
- Paperback: 295 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 2nd edition (2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 044310283X
- ISBN-13: 978-0443102837
- Amazon Price: $69.99
- Points to download: 70 Points
- Format: Original Publisher PDF
- File Size: 40.5 MB
- Download link below.
This post contains protected content. You must be logged in and have 70 points to unlock it.
Understanding the role of fascia in healthy movement and postural distortion is of vital importance to bodyworkers and movement therapists. Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists presents a unique ‘whole systems’ view of myofascial/locomotor anatomy in which the bodywide connections among the muscles within the fascial net are described in detail for the first time. Using the metaphor of railway or train lines, Myers explains how patterns of strain communicate through the myofascial ‘webbing’, contributing to postural compensation and movement stability. Written in a style that makes it easy to understand and apply, Anatomy Trains provides an accessible and comprehensive explanation of the anatomy and function of the myofascial system in the body. The DVD ROM in the back of the book contains video of techniques, Anatomy Trains-based dissections and computer animations of the myofascial meridian lines.
includes full-colour illustrations of 11 myofascial meridians and the rules for discovering other meridians
• uses numerous full colour charts and drawings to detail the muscular and fascial structures involved in the meridians
• presents information on assessment of structural and movement patterns and gives related application to manual therapy and movement education
• provides a selection of techniques from the library of structural integration
• includes an introduction to the fascial system as a whole, with points-of-view and the latest research findings on the fascial system’s responses
• offers a fun approach to learning essential structural anatomy, comparing the connective tissue system to a railway network
• video material on the accompanying DVD ROM to visually present the anatomy as described in the book.
Full colour throughout
• New design and layout
• 140 New full colour figures including dissection photographs and client photos
• DVD ROM in back of book
• A new appendices on ‘Structural integration’ and ‘Myofascial meridians and oriental medicine’
• New posters to be published simultaneously.